The Hubsan X4 H501s Pro is a 5.8G FPV Quadcopter with various functionalities. There are, as always a few variations to the model, and this post will outline the different functionalities that each variation of the model has to offer. This article will review each model variation, going in detail about each one. If you would like to purchase any of them, the links are at the bottom of the page.
Specs of the H501S
All of the variations share the following specs from my research:
- 5.8G FPV Real-time Video Transmission: Ability to share the videos and photos taken by the quad to the LCD display at anytime anywhere.
- 1080P HD Camera: The drone’s 1080P HD resolution camera with a real-time video stream.
- GPS Positioning: Lock the drone’s position, hovering at a certain altitude, more accurate and safe.
- Follow Me Mode: Built-in GPS module that enables the drone follow you and capture your adventure wherever you are.
- Brushless Motor: Each motor is made by the superb technology, providing a more powerful and more durable, super stable flight.
- Headless Mode: No more need to worry about losing control of your drone. Completely solve the loss-of-orientation problems.
- One Key Return: The flight control system will automatically control the drone to turn to home and land.
- Longer Flight Time: The large capacity intelligent battery extends the flying time last to about 20 minutes.
- Fail-safe Mode: The drone will enter into the fail-safe mode when the connection is lost from the transmitter. The flight control system will control the drone to return to the home point and land automatically. The fail-safe mode helps to avoid further injuries or damages.
- Expert mode: You can change the sensitivity of operation in the setting.
- Normal Mode: Sensitivity 20%~60%(except throttle)
- Expert mode: Sensitivity 60%~100%(except throttle)
- External Memory: The quadcopter supports 4 – 32G TF / micro SD card (which is not included in the package).
The Remote Control of the Quadcopter
Hubsan describes the specs of the 5G Live Video Transmission Remote Control as such:
- LCD screen H906A
- Battery: 7.4V 1300mAh LiPo Battery
- Remote Control connection: Radio 2.4Ghz
- Control distance: 400m (without interference)
- FPV distance: 400m (without interference)
- Compatible Drone: Hubsan H501S H501A H502S
On the other hand, other model variations include a different, older version of the FPV Remote Controller.
This remote controller may be the one that was also used in Hubsan X4 H107D, as it looks very similar.
The problem arises because the models are the same, but some listings come with this remote controller, and some with the newer one.
Different Variations of the H501S
Another listing of the same model by the Official Hubsan Amazon.com page shows almost identical specs, but allows micro SD card support up to 64 GB. All of the model variations of the Hubsan X4 H501S will be included at the bottom of the page for your convenience if you would like to purchase any or learn more, or even confirm the information in this article.
This particular model variation supports up to 64 GB micro SD card, if that is something which you value, you can check out the listing at the bottom of the page.
This is the look of the normal H501 model, however this particular variation states a 3MP (High Version) Camera, and also states it is 1080P (like all other variations). So there is higher MP but still remains 1080P, as described by Hubsan.
Spare Batteries and Quadcopter Purchasing Links
You may also purchase spare batteries that are compatible with any of the variations of the model from the options listed below, which are all sold by Hubsan themselves on Amazon.com:
Note: Please disable your AdBlocker if you cannot see the products since Amazon products are blocked by AdBlock
If you were to buy two extra batteries, with full charge in all three batteries (2 spare, 1 that comes with quad), you can get up to 1 hour flying time. I highly recommend buying at least one spare battery along with the quadcopter.
That being said, this particular model of the Hubsan X4 H501S comes with 2 batteries in the pack, however includes the H107D design remote control:
Here is the white-golden model that supports up to 64 GB micro SD:
This is the 3MP (High Version) Camera model:
Here is the regular model in white and black:
So which one is the best one?
Hubsan offers many variations to the H501S model which may confuse many who just want the best one. The answer to this question is that it depends on what one looks for. I would recommend getting the regular models, or the one with extra batteries if you aren’t crazy about the camera. If the camera quality is something that you value, the “High Version” 3MP camera one is the one you should probably go for.
Hubsan X4 H501S Pro$180.00
- Long lasting battery life at 20 minutes flight time
- One of the best quadcopters for its price
- Hubsan's quality quadcopter, sold through the trusted marketplace, Amazon.com
- High altitude flight ability
- Many functionalities, such as headless mode, return back to home, GPS, and more
- More expensive than the H107D earlier more comparable FPV model
- Comes with replacement parts